What does a commissioned artwork cost?
Prices range from NZ$1000 upwards. An indication of size for a NZ$5000 painting may be 600 x 800 mm. A painting 1000mm x 1000mm may cost NZ$11,500 depending on its complexity.
Painting costs are calculated taking into consideration a number of factors, including:
• The amount of time involved to complete the painting. Joanna uses many layers to create the depth of colour. This means a large painting can take up to 4-6 months to complete.
• The degree of complexity together with the applied skills and experience required.
• The size of the piece.
• The quality of the materials involved. Joanna uses the very best paints,UV archival protectors and quality board/canvases, which means her paintings will last many generations.
What is the process of having a commission completed?
A commission is the best way to get a painting that will meet your needs. A story that resonates with you can be incorporated into the painting and specific colour, size, and feel can be accommodated (but must be in keeping with Joanna’s style of work).
In order to complete a commission, the following steps need to be taken:
1. You discuss the details of the painting required, ie: size, concept and image specifics.
2. An appointment made and the design discussed. Details of delivery date, costs etc, are also detailed.
3. Design confirmed and a 30% deposit obtained. Joanna can then order the board/canvas.
4. Painting completed. Either detailed photos are sent or you can visit Joanna’s studio to view the painting.
5. Joanna will come and hang the painting for you. Balance of payment is due and payable on delivery.
Be assured that this is not a scary process and the above steps are designed to manage expectations and avoid any unpleasant surprises. Joanna has completed many commissions locally, nationally and for international clients. Her waiting list is usually up to 6months- 1year.
Please contact Joanna to talk about commissioning an artwork.